The Health and Safety of our customers and employees is especially important to us. A risk assessment and safety measures, following CDC guidelines, has been put in place to prevent the spread of the virus. Currently, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among employees.
Our goal is to utilize best safety practices while offering a welcoming shopping experience. We are all in this together, so we ask that customers and employees help in the following ways:
Key Best Practices while shopping in-store with us:
- Gel In. Gel Out. Please utilize the hand sanitizers throughout the store.
- Practice social distancing of at least 6-feet among non-family members.
- We recommend face coverings while shopping with us and interacting with our employees or non-family members. We limit up to 13-shoppers in the store at one time.
- Maintain a clearance of 6-feet at doorway to allow for easy entry and exit among customers.
- Follow all the safety guidelines posted throughout the store.
- Please do not enter store if experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Considering historical traffic patterns, no special hours have been implemented at this time for vulnerable populations. However, to avoid crowds, the best time to shop is during the week. We can also arrange for private shopping sprees for those in the vulnerable population if desired.
- Checking Out: Please pay with a debit/credit card. We encourage tap & pay. If you must use cash, place cash and change in the tray provided at the counter.
For online shoppers
- Masks and gloves are while packaging items for delivery.
- In-Store or Curbside Pick-Up are only available for items purchased and paid for online. Notification will be sent as to when the order is ready for pick up and instructed on safety protocols.
Employee Safety Procedures:
We take the health and safety of every employee seriously. The procedures put in place are per CDC guidelines and are the responsibility of each employee to follow. Here are some but not all safety practices put in place.
- Employees are required to take temperature and check for symptoms before entering workplace.
- Employees are not come to work if experiencing COVID Symptoms and immediately contact supervisor.
- Employees wear face-covering when 6-feet social distancing cannot be maintained (such as assisting customers at register, assisting customers with product, and working with co-workers).
- Employees practice good Hand Hygiene.
- Gel In. Gel Out. Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit, and as often as needed.
- Always use hand-sanitizer after tendering payments,
- Wash hands regularly, throughout shift, following the guidelines outlined in the safety handbook.
- Practicing proper cleaning procedures include but not limited to wiping counters, shelves, floors, products etc. as frequently as needed. Follow all cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols
Items such as gloves, masks, aprons, cleaners, and disinfectants (from EPA-Approved List) are available for use. Employees are expected to use appropriate PPE while cleaning.
- Routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, keyboards/mouse, telephones, handrails, switches, and doorknobs.
- Counters, shelves, and other touchable surfaces cleaned frequently throughout the day and after closing each day.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Using EPA-registered commercial or household disinfectants.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfection for Suspected/Positive COVID-19 Employee or Client. Procedure:
- If it has been more than 7 days since the person with suspected/confirmed COVID-19 visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is not necessary. However, a third-party cleaning vendor will perform a thorough cleaning.
Additional Safety Protocols:
Customers using their own bags are required to bag their own items. Customers are encouraged to clean their own bags according to CDC guidelines.
- Dressing Room Procedure:
- Store attendant is to be notified first so they can wipe off knobs, etc. before customer enters dressing room. The attendant will wipe down knobs, etc. after customer exits the dressing room.
- Consultation with experts concluded that there is no specific guideline regarding the handling of "tried-on" clothes in a retail setting.
- Hangers are disinfected routinely. Hangers handed to the store attendant are not put back on rack until being disinfected again. Store attendant is to use hand sanitizer and wash hands as soon as possible after ringing up items, handling hangers or tending to unwanted clothing.
- Signage throughout the store is to inform on safety best practices, such as safe distancing and hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (i.e. covering mouth and nose with tissue to sneeze or cough or use inside of elbow if tissue is unavailable).
- One person at a time can be in the warehouse for more than 10-minutes. Other’s entering the warehouse must wear their mask and exit warehouse in less than 10-minutes.
- Vendors and visitors will be required to wear face covering while in the store. Face covering is not to be disposed at the store. Rather, preference is to dispose of it at home to limit exposure to staff. Prefer to the safety handbook for guidance on how to wash reusable masks.
- *NOTE: Deliveries from our vendors are quarantined for up to 24-hours before opening. We practice hand hygiene before and after opening packages and immediately before placing items on the sales floor and/or before packaging items for delivery.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
To better serve our customers and employees, we took the extra step of consulting with an expert, specializing in infection prevention to assist with creating customer best practices, and a COVID-19 Specific employee Safety Training Handbook. We are always looking for ways to improve and this plan is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all procedures put in place and may be modified from time to time. We ask that customers do their part by taking recommended safety precautions as outlined by the CDC while shopping with us. Thank you!